My three year old daughter is entering a Catholic kindergarten nearby that adopts Montessori Method next April. I had never heard of this education method until I had to prepare for the entrance examination on her behalf. At first, I was somewhat scared to learn that "works" it requires children to do look like rituals a secret society would require their members to do. However, as I have learned more, I have realized that this method is an extraordinarily well-studied education method for developing children's brain from their early age that Maria Montessori who was a doctor in Rome created in 1900s. Since the creation, it has been producing its "brainchildren" while improved over a century.
According to an article by a Montessori school, those who were Montessori educated include:
- Peter Drucker, Management Guru
- Larry Page, Co-Founder of Google
- Sergey Brin, Co-Founder of Google
- Jeffrey Bezos, Founder of Amazon.com
- Katharine Graham, Owner/Editor of the Washington Post
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, Editor, Former First Lady
- Anne Frank, Author of The Diary of Anne Frank
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize winner for Literature
- Prince William and Prince Harry, English royal family
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Austrian painter and Architect
Impressive, isn't it? Now, I'm in a learning process and reading books on the method.